When does local authority pay for care


A lot of people are asking the question, "Just when does the local authority dole its out money for care?" The good news is that the answer is clean, clear, cut-and-dried. According to the NHS and Community Care Act 1990, the social service departments throughout England and Wales are obligated to carry out assessments for people who could be in need of those services. If an assessment ends in the conclusion that care might be required, then they must be provided. These services span a wide range of care options that the sick can take advantage of if they feel they are in a dire position. The fact sheet below looks at the different payment amounts that the local authority can give and the eligibility criteria for receiving that care.

If a person with dementia or their licensed caregiver feels that they need help from social services, they can ask to get their needs assessed. The person's needs will then be set against the criteria, and it will be decided whether the person that is eligible for services will get those said services. The local authority will then carry out a financial assessment, and they will determine how much money the person will pay, and how much they will contribute. People might feel invaded if they feel their privacy is being disrupted, and that is understandable. However, the person from social services is just doing their job, and there is nothing unusual about what they are doing.

Some financial assessments for partners or spouses of people with dementia include a space to fill in their own financial information. The local authority will only financially assess the person that actually needs the service.

The local authority usually charges for home care, services like meals and wheels, and other health services. The local authority will ask anyone with money over a certain amount to pay for their own care home fees. Once savings drop below a certain limit, the charge is cut down. If savings drop below a certain threshold, those savings can't be used anymore to pay for home care.

If someone refuses outright to pay for home care, local authority cannot take away their care. They are required by law to care for a sick and vulnerable person. This is good news for the person that doesn't want to pay, but it is an unfair burden to the system over time. Local authors can determine what kind of care they want to provide. All of this depends on what the interviewer finds when they check you out. For further information on care proceedings try Martyn Prowel solicitors who should be able to help you.


Useful Information

when does local authority pay for care

tips for choosing good accountant

Rugby Hospitality packages for business

The advantages of a resin bonded driveway

Tips for Hiring the Right Locksmith

How a good motoring solicitor can help you

How to choose a good skip hire company

Things To Look For When Looking For a Used Forklift

Why you should employ a chartered account to help your business?

How to select a good locksmith

What to look for when choosing a gym membership?

What should I look for when choosing a divorce solicitor?

Event Medical Cover: How to Organise it


van hire special offers


Van Hire Cardiff,
Pantbach Rd
CF14 1TU
(Head Office: No vehicles at this address)